- 1kg apples
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 90g butter
- pinch of salt
- Peel and slice apples.
- Cook apples, orange juice, cinnamon and brown sugar in a saucepan until soft.
- Pour apples into pie dish, spread out evenly.
- Sift plain flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Rub butter into flour with hands.
- Continue to rub the butter until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake in a hot oven (200°c - 220°c) for 40 minutes or until browned.
- Serve hot with cream or custard.