- 1¾ cups plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 100 ml cold water
- 1 tin of pie apples
- 2 tblsp castor sugar
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Cut butter into pieces, the size of marbles.
- Stir butter into flour lightly with a knife.
- Add lemon juice and water, and mix into a dry dough.
- Knead lightly on a floured board.
- Roll out to a thin strip.
- Fold in three, seal ends and turn. Repeat three times.
- Roll out pastry thinly and cut into 8 squares or circles.
- Place 2 tablespoons apple on each piece of pastry.
- Moisten edges of pastry and fold in half.
- Press edges together firmly.
- Place on a greased tray and prick well.
- Brush over with egg and milk, and sprinkle with castor sugar.
- Bake in a moderate to hot oven for l5 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.