- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup sugar (I always use brown)
- ¾ cup coconut
- 125g butter
- 1 TBLS golden syrup
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 TBLS boiling water
- 1 cup chopped apricots
- Combine oats, sifted flour, sugar, coconut and apricots.
- Combine butter and golden syrup, stir over gentle heat until melted.
- Mix soda and boiling water, add to melted butter mixture, stir into dry ingredients.
- Place Tablespoons of mixture on a lightly greased oven trays: allow room for spreading. Cook in a slow oven 160 C for 20 minutes. Loosen while warm, then cool on trays.