- 300 gm Bluefin Tuna cut into around 1.5 thick steaks
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2cm piece of ginger chopped finely
- 1 tsp lemon grass chopped
- 1 tsp kaffir lime leaves chopped
- 1 tbs mirin
- 1 tsn fish sauce
- 1 tbsn peanut oil
- Marinate tuna in the other ingredients for 15 minutes. Drain the marinade from the tuna into a hot frypan or wok and bring to the boil. Add the tuna and then cook turning for about 15 - 20 seconds.
- The tuna should be raw in the middle as it will continue to cook when removed from the pan.
- I like to cook a stir-fry in the pan before I cook the tuna and there is a film of oil left in the wok before I cook the tuna.