Bacon and Corn Frittata
This recipe makes a lovely lunch (warm or cold) with a salad and a great picnic addition. Frittatas are also a good way to use up leftover vegetables.
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 3 rashes of bacon, chopped
- 1 small tin corn
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- To the lightly whisked eggs, add all ingredients except for ¼ of the cheese and the tomato. Mix well.
- Heat a lightly oiled frypan on medium heat and pour in the mixture. Top with tomato slices and the rest of the cheese.
- Cook until the sides are starting to cook and bubbles are bursting in the centre.
- Then place under a grill on medium heat, watching that the handle of the pan (if not heat proof) is not under the elements. Cook until the egg is cooked through and the cheese has melted and browned.
- If serving warm leave to rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Serves 4 with salad.