- 8 large Balmain bugs (shovel-nosed sand lobsters)
- 4 whiting fillets or ocean perch or equivalent
- 200g kumara (orange sweet potato)
- 1 piece of paperbark
- 5g * Mountain pepper
- leek and capsicum julienne or other garnishing
- * These Aussie ingredients avail here
- If the bugs are alive, place them into the freezer for 30 minutes and then plunge them briefly in boiling salted water. Refresh in iced water and peel the tails reserving four heads as garnishing. Char-grill the tail meat and whiting fillets until just done and arrange 2 bug tails and a fish fillet on each of 4 warm plates garnishing with a bug head per plate and shredded coloured vegetables. Season the fried kumara with the Alpine pepper and plate up. Serve at once with a *lemon myrtle butter sauce.