- 4 steaks such as scotch fillet or rump
- 2 tablespoons of cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of brandy
- ½ cup of cream
- Trim of any extra fat from the steaks. Press the pepper into the sides and leave to sit for 20 mins.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and cook the steaks over high heat for 2 minutes on each side or till they are browned. Turn down to moderate heat and cook for a couple more minutes each side or until done to your taste.
- Put the steaks aside and keep warm. Stir the brandy and cream into the pan juices and keep stirring until it thickens a little.
- Serve the steaks with sauce on top.