- 500-750 gm minced raw chicken
- 2¼ cups grated Carrots
- 1 cup wholemeal grain Breadcrumbs
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1¼ cups natural non fat yoghurt with an added squeeze lemon juice
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped Parsley
- Combine chicken, ½ cup parsley, 1½ cups carrot, onion, breadcrumbs, pepper and yoghurt in a large bowl and mix well. Press ⅓ of the mixture into a 23x13x8cm glass terrine dish. Sprinkle the remaining carrots over the top and press down firmly. Add another ½ of the chicken mixture pressing down well and sprinkle over remaining parsley. Top with chicken mixture and press firmly down. Cover with foil and bake in a water dish for 1 hour or until golden brown. Leave to cool in glass terrine. Gently ease a metal spatula around the sides of the chicken loaf, Turn onto a plate and chill well before serving.
- Serve with a salad and fresh wholemeal rolls.