- One pack prepared brownie mix (family size)
- One bag toffee pieces
- Whipped cream
- One packet instant chocolate pudding
- Skim milk to prepare the pudding
- Strawberries (optional)
- Prepare the brownies as directed on the box. Bake them for the time specified.
- In the meantime, prepare the instant pudding using the cold skim milk. Refrigerate.
- Wait for the brownies to completely cool before cutting into squares.
- If you do not own a trifle bowl use a large square plastic container (around 3 or 4 litre).
- Assemble the trifle: layer brownies on the bottom, followed by the whipped topping, then the chocolate pudding, and the toffee pieces. Continue layering until all of the ingredients are gone. Leave enough whipped cream to cover the top of the dessert.
- Add sliced strawberries or other fruit to decorate the top of the dessert. Refrigerate until ready to serve.