- 1¼ cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- ¾ cup coconut
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- Sift flour and cocoa together. Add coconut and sugar and mix well.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Beat egg well.
- Add melted butter and egg to dry ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Press into a greased 28 cm x 18 cm 1amington tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool in tin.
- When cold spread with chocolate icing and sprinkle with coconut if desired.
- Cut into squares.