- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Spray a 10 x 20cm loaf pan with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending above the edge.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre. Add butter, egg, vanilla, milk and banana. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Serve warm or transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Nice iced with lemon icing or cream cheese frosting.