Falafel is a versatile mixture that can be used in replacement for meat (In say burgers or kebabs), or eaten on its own with sauce.
- 1¼ cup chick peas, Soaked overnight
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 large parsley sprigs
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for deep frying
- Drain the chick peas and place in a blender/food processor with the spring onions, garlic, water and parsley. Blend to a puree.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, with salt and pepper to taste, then turn into a bowl and leave for 1-2 hours (To dry out slightly)
- Form the mixture into walnut sized balls and flatten slightly
- Heat the oil in the pan/deep dryer, add falafel and fry for about 4 minutes (Or until golden)
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot.
- Total time: 1 hour 30 min