- 6-8 apples very lightly stewed with sugar to taste
- 1 cup SR flour
- pinch salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut
- 125g butter (or margarine)
- Place apple in deep pie dish (other fruit may be substituted e.g. apricots, or mixed fruits – nectarines, blueberries, rhubarb, strawberries etc)
- Make crumble mixture by mixing all the dry ingredients and then rubbing in the butter, (either by hand or in the food processor).
- [The mixture should be of such a consistency that it sticks together when pressed between the fingers – so add more flour or butter as needed].
- Put mixture over top apples (fruit) by hand
- Bake at 200˚ for first 10 mins to brown top, then reduce temperature to 150˚ until crumble cooked (about 30-35 mins).
- Place tray under container in oven while cooking in case of overflow.