- 1 pkt (375grams) Plain Linguini
- 200g green King Prawns pealed and chopped
- 80g bean shoots
- 1 bunch Coriander. Leaves and roots, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Basil, roughly chopped
- 50g peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves finely sliced
- 4tbsp seafood curry paste
- 3 free range eggs
- 150g rice flour
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Cook Plain Linguine in salted, boiling water until al dente, then drain. Place linguine in a large Mixing bowl. Add prawns, bean shoots, coriander, basil, peanuts, ginger, lime leaves, curry paste and eggs.
- Mix well using hands. Add rice flour in three stages, mixing thoroughly each time before adding more flour. Heat oil in deep saucepan to 160 degrees. Form mixture into small balls and deep fry in batches of 6. Gently rotate balls while they are frying. When golden brown and cooked through, drain on absorbent paper. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roasted chilli jam as an entrée or as an hor'deurve served with tooth picks and roasted chilli jam dipping sauce.
- Note: To add more character to the Thai Prawn Balls you could substitute the plain linguine with Hot Chilli Linguine
Sandra Guzzi is the owner of Australian Food Merchants, a retailer of fine gourmet food online. Sandra & her partner are proud to showcase to the world the best of Australian foods. For more information, visit the website http://www.ausfood.com.au Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/