- 4-5 good size potatoes
- 100 grams of bacon pieces
- margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- bread crumbs
- oil [for deep frying]
- 1tablespoon of milk
- Peel potatoes and boil until soft.
- Fry bacon pieces until golden.
- Drain potatoes put back into saucepan.
- Mash, add margarine and cream mash until creamy and smooth.
- Add bacon and mix together
- Cool,break egg into bowl add milk mix until fluffy.
- Take a handfull of potato and bacon, roll onto a ball dip into egg then roll into breadcrumbs refridgerate for 20 mins until set
- Heat oil for deep frying
- Cook until golden brown
- ** makes great side dish with meat, chicken and vegetables**