- ½ cup plain flour
- pineapple slices (around 8 - 10)
- pinch salt
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- oil for deep-frying
- 1 egg, separated
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the oil, egg yolk, and water then beat well until the batter is smooth.
- Let it stand at room temperature for half an hour. Meanwhile beat the egg white until soft peaks occur. Then fold into the batter.
- Drain the pineapple and pat with paper towel to dry, then coat in the batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on some paper towel and sprinkle with sugar. Serve hot.