- Beef roast
- 4 tablespoons oil or dripping
- Heat 4 tbls of dripping or oil in a baking dish.
- Weigh meat to calculate the cooking time. Allow 20 mins for each 500g and an extra 30 mins.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Sear the joint well on all sides in the baking dish.
- Cook in a moderate oven, covered for the time calculated.
- Baste occasionally.
- Remove the lid for the last 45 minutes. You can add vegetables at this stage as well.
- Drain the meat and veges and make gravy with the pan drippings.