- 4 slices of fresh salmon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 30g butter
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup fresh mixed herbs
- 2 cups fish stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 cup crème fraîche (see below)
- juice of 2 oranges
- 8 orange slices for decoration.
- Clean salmon and season with salt & pepper. In large pan sauté finely chopped onions, add herbs and stir, add stock, wine, capers and heat up, add crème fraîche and orange juice. Add salmon to sauce and let simmer on low heat for 5 - 6 min. Serve and decorate with orange slices.
- If you cannot get creme fraiche locally then you can make it:
- Bring two cups of pure cream to room temperature. Stir in ¼ cup buttermilk or l cup sour cream, mix and leave at room temperature for five to six hours. Put it in the fridge for at least four hours to let it thicken more. It will in the fridge for around 8 days.