- 500g potatoes, peeled, halved
- 30g butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) hot milk
- 210g can pink or red salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- ¼ cup (20g) grated parmesan
- ¼ cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup (50g) dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain, return to pan and place on low heat for 2 minutes, until potato is thoroughly dry. Remove from heat and mash lightly with a fork. Add butter and hot milk, beating until very smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
- Flake salmon into a bowl. Add mashed potato and parmesan. Season to taste and mix well to combine. Divide salmon mixture into eight patties. Dust with flour, brush with beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs. Place on a tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium. Cook patties for 3-5 minutes each side, until golden.
- Serve with salad , vegies or chips