- 1kg Lean mince
- 1 med Onion
- 2 stalks Celery
- 5 cups Mashed Potatoes
- 1 can Tomato puree
- 350g grated cheddar or tasty cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1-1/2 tsp Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup water.
- Step 1 ...Cut up your celery and onion in bite size pieces, saute in a little oil, until onion is translucent. Remove vegetables, add mince and cook until done. Drain grease and return mince to pan with the celery and onion. Add all your spices and ¼ cup water. Let simmer 10 minutes. Add your tomato paste mixing well.
- Step 2 ..Instant potatoes work best with this recipe since it is a quick meal for an entire family. Make your potatoes according to the directions, approximate 5 cups. (For added flavour to your potatoes, add some onion powder, salt and pepper, or what ever spices you like. (A TBL of mayonnaise will make them rich in flavor and very few know why your potatos are so great!)
- In a casserole dish place the meat mixture on the bottom, cover with potatoes and top with the cheese.
- Bake on 180 degree's for 20 minutes.