- 500g Oyster blade / casserole steak sliced
- Seasoned plain flour
- 2 tblsp oil
- 60g butter
- 2 onions halved and sliced
- 1 heaped tblsp plain flour
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tsp vegemite
- 1 tblsn tomato paste
- 1 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
- Dust the steak with seasoned flour (I do this in a freezer bag).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the steak. Put it in a slow cooker.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan with any drippings from the steak and fry the onion until clear. Stir in the flour and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the water and stock and stir until it boils and thickens a bit.
- Mix in the paste, sauce and vegemite.
- Pour over meat in slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5.
- Nice served with mashed potato and veg.