- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons of chicken stock powder (gluten free such a Massel)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- ½ cup of chinese cooking wine or white wine
- Chicken pieces (however many you need)
- Put above in the crockpot with enough water to cover the chicken.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- You can add vegetables in the last couple of hours. Potatoes, carrots, sweet potato, parsnip and pumpkin all work well.
I have made this before and reused the liquid for soup by returning any leftover chicken or bones to the pot. Then added extra salt and some rosemary. Also can add risoni for the last hour before serving. We had the meal last the whole weekend doing this.