- 1 punnet strawberries
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon gelatine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup castor sugar
- Wash and remove the tops of strawberries, mash well.
- Add gelatine to the water and let stand for 5 minutes. Then dissolve it over hot water.
- Beat the egg whites until it has soft peaks. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved. Whip the cream until it has soft peaks and fold into egg white mixture.
- Add strawberries, lemon juice and fold in lightly.
- Pour the mixture into serving dishes or glasses and refrigerate until set.
- Serves 6