- 1 cup small Pasta Shapes (such as shells or risoni)
- 1 this Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 brown Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 3 x 425g cans diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- ½ cup small Basil Leaves
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, onion and garlic in an 8-cup capacity heatproof microwave-safe bowl. Cook uncovered on HIGH power for 2 minutes or until soft. Stir in cinnamon. Cook for 30 seconds on HIGH power.
- Add tomatoes and stock. Cook uncovered, on HIGH power for 4 to 6 minute, stirring after 3 minutes, or until soup comes to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes on MEDIUM power or until thickened slightly.
- Stir pasta and basil into soup. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls.