- 1kg thick honeycomb tripe
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 30gr butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Wash tripe well and soak in warm salted water for 1 hour. Drain. Cut into squares.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Add onions, salt and pepper. Bring to
- the boil and then simmer very gently until tripe is tender, about 2 hours. Drain.
- Return tripe and onion to the saucepan.
- Just cover with milk and bring to the boil. Blend flour with a little milk, add to tripe and onions and simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning and add butter and parsley.
- to 5 servings.