- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- Melt butter, add flour and cook for a few minutes. Gradually add milk and stir continuously until boiling. Makes 1 cup.
- For cheese sauce add 60 grams of grated cheese and a pinch of cayenne pepper to the white sauce and stir until the cheese is melted. This is great with cauliflower!
- To make parsley sauce add 3 tablespoons of parsley to the white sauce. Good on fish or vegetables.
- For onion sauce, that is lovely on corned beef, boil two onions in salty water. Chop finely and stir through hot white sauce.