Apple and Walnut Muffins
Author: Aussie Cooking
Recipe type: baking
- 2 cups plain Flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped apple (usually 1 apple)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Brush oil on the bottoms of 12 muffin tins.
- Mix flour, baking powder, bicarb, spices, apple, walnuts and sugar in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg and butter.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and fold in with a fork. Do not over mix.. it just has to be wet mostly through, it doesn't even matter if there are small areas of flour about. This is the main secret to good muffins.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each one about ⅔.
- Bake for 15 - 20 mins or until just starting to brown.