- 2 tablespoons nonfat or low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk or skim milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, woody bases snapped off and discarded
- Poppy seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, buttermilk, sour cream and lemon peel. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Cook asparagus in boiling water for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again. Cover and chill until serving time. Toss asparagus with garlic mixture. Sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds, if desired.
- Total time: 15 mins