- 6 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs. Beat well.
- Peel and mash bananas. Add to creamed mixture and mix well
- Sift flour, salt and soda together.
- Fold in dry ingredients alternately with milk to form a soft dough.
- Spoon mixture evenly into two greased and lined 18 cm sandwich tins.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- When cold, fill with whipped cream and sprinkle top with icing sugar.