- 2 cups SR Flour
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Brush oil on the bottoms of 12 muffin tins.
- Mix flour, nutmeg and sugar in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg, butter and banana.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and fold in with a fork. Do not over mix.. it just has to be wet mostly through, it doesn't even matter if there are small areas of flour about. This is the main secret to good muffins.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each one about ⅔.
- Bake for 15 - 20 mins or until just starting to brown.