Braised Lavender Chicken
This recipe is a lovely way to use lavender in cooking. It tastes slightly like rosemary and the dish smells delightful. I prefer to use chicken thighs due to the flavour and price but you can use breast or cutlets as well.
- Up to 500 grams of chicken thighs, breast or cutlets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp crushed lavender flowers
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsn butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then brown in a pan with olive oil. Take out the chicken and add the butter and / or more oil. Lightly fry the garlic, lavender and thyme. Add the white wine and mix well to clean the bottom of the pan. Return the chicken to the pan and cover. Cook until ready, with thighs this is around 4 minutes, it may be longer with thicker cuts.
- Serve with the sauce over the chicken.
- I served this recipe with herbed rice and steamed vegetables. For the herbed rice I used a rice cooker with chicken stock, chopped leek, parsley and thyme.