- 2½ cups SR Flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sultanas
- ¼ chopped walmuts
- 1½ cups grated carrot
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 80 grams of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Brush oil on the bottoms of 12 muffin tins.
- Wrap the carrot in some to paper towel to absorb some of the water.
- Mix flour, spice, sultanas, carrot, walnuts and sugar in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg and butter.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and fold in with a fork. Do not mix it too much: it just has to be wet mostly through. This is the main secret to light muffins.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each one about ⅔.
- Bake for 15 - 20 mins or until just starting to brown.