- 500g roo mince
- 1 small Spanish onion, chopped finely
- 1 small carrot, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 fresh roma tomatoes, medium dice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup red wine
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Pasta to serve
- Heat a medium saucepan on high heat. Season the mince generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When the pot is quite hot, add the kangaroo, oil and butter all at once. Allow the meat to brown thoroughly, then add the onion and carrot.
- Reduce heat and sweat vegetables until they are slightly caramelised, then add the garlic. When the garlic is getting aromatic, add the chili flakes, tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook for another few minutes, and then add the beef stock and wine.
- Cover and simmer gently for a half hour.
- Drop the pasta in boiling salted water. While the pasta is cooking, add the cream to the Ragù, and turn up the heat to medium low. When the pasta is ready, add it to the Ragù along with the parsley and cheese. Stir to heat through.