Cheap Spaghetti and Tomato Sauce
This was a dish I made to ease my poor wallet and keep the kids happy. All the ingrediance are fairly cheep. Mince is about five dollars, spag is a dollar. Canned tomato is about eighty five cents a can. Garlic and onion are only thirty five cents or so. Buy the black and gold or home brands. Get veges from fruit markets and buy in bulk. Every cent counts!!
- 500 g minced beef.
- one onion.
- ⅔ cloves of garlic.
- 2 Tbs MasterFoods italian herbs.
- 1½ or 2 cans of chopped tomatoes.
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder . (any stock will do)
- 1 Tbs oil * or a quick spray *
- heat oil in a fry pan
- Add choped onion
- Add garlic with the onion and stir till onion is translucent
- Move to one side of pan and add MasteFoods Italian spices and stir quickly. Add with the onion and garlic mix and again put to one side of the pan.
- Add mince and brown then stir together with your onion mix
- Pour in tomatoes (you can use whole tomattos and crush with your hands )
- Add your chicken stock.
- This recipe is very good when cooked long enough to allow the tomato to get soft and the stock to cook down a bit.
- Add your dryed spaghetti to the pot and cook as directed on the packet.