- Butter 250 grams
- Hot Water 1 and a half cups
- Castor Sugar 2 Cups
- Cocoa ¼ cups
- Coffee (instant) 1 tablespoon
- Dark Cooking Chocolate 200 grams
- Self Raising Flour 1 and a half Cups
- 2 Eggs
- Vanilla Essence
- For the Icing
- 125 grams Dark Cook Chocolate
- 125 grams Butter
- Melt the butter, chocolate and sugar in a double boiler
- Pour melted mixture into a electric mixing bowl. Add sifted dry ingredients gradually whilst mixing
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well
- Pour the mixture into a 25cm greased and lined cake tin.
- In a slow oven (about 150 C) bake for 2½ hours.
- let stand for a few minutes before removing from the cake tin. Apply icing when the cake is cool
- Icing instructions:
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler and mix with a wooden spoon. When completely mixed pour over the cooled cake and smooth out. Let it set then serve.