- 2 cups SR Flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1¼ cup milk
- ⅓ cup of butter, melted
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- 12 tsp strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 200 celsius. Brush oil on the bottoms of 12 muffin tins.
- Mix flour, coconut and sugar in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg, essence and butter.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and fold in with a fork. Do not over mix. This is the main secret to good muffins.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each one about ½ way. Place a teaspoon of jam in the centre of each and then finish filling with mixture to ⅔.
- Bake for 15 - 20 mins or until just starting to brown.