- 2 cups SR Flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 8 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Brush oil on the bottoms of 12 muffin tins.
- Mix flour, hazelnuts and sugar in a bowl.
- Use just enough boiling water to dissolve the coffee and mix it with the milk.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and fold in with a fork. Do not over mix.. it just has to be wet mostly through. This is the main secret to good muffins.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each one about ⅔.
- Bake for 15 - 20 mins or until just starting to brown and a skewer comes out clean.