Deep Pan Pizza
This is a classic pizza recipe and is my favourite pizza base. Thin base or scone does not come close to a yeast based deep pan pizza.
Author: Aussie Cooking
- 2 to 3 cups of plain flour
- 3 Tbsps Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 7 grams Dried yeast
- ¾ cup of room temp water
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Place warm water, a pinch of salt and dried yeast into a small bowl. Let is stand for 5 minutes until it foams.
- In a large bowl sift 2 cups of flour and add the rest of the dried ingredients.
- Add the olive oil to the yeast mixture.
- Make a well in the flour and add the yeast mixture.
- Mix flour and yeast together. Starting kneading the mixture adding more flour until the dough loses its sticky texture. between 3 and 5 minutes
- Shape dough into an ball, flour the base of the bowl and return the dough. Then cover with glad wrap and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes. The dough should double in size.
- Pre heat oven to 190° C
- Shape the dough into your favourite pizza pan oiled with olive oil. Use a rolling pin to shape. The dough should be about 5 - 10 mm from the edge giving it room to rise.
- Add your favourite pizza toppings.
- Brush a little olive oil around the crust.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Also try garlic powder, oregano and black pepper to the base adds a little spice to a great recipe.