- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Mandarin sections to garnish (optional)
- 1 duck
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled 2 peppercorns
- 2 unpeeled oranges, quartered
- Salt inside of duck. Place garlic, peppercorns and orange quarters in cavity. Truss and place in large Open Roaster. Pour wine over duck. Roast according to size. Remove fat every ½ hour. Fifteen minutes before serving, spread duck with orange marmalade. Return to oven for 15 minutes longer. Garnish with mandarin sections if liked.
- Roasting time: 20-25 minutes per 500g
- Oven temperature: 180°C.
- Test with a thin skewer or fork and if any red juice appears it needs longer. Duck needs to be well cooked.