- 180 grams dark cooking chocolate
- 250 grams butter
- 2 cups plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated nuts or chopped pecans
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- Heat the oven on 200°C . Line 18 muffin tins with paper cases or brush oil on the bottoms.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together either in a double boiler or in the microwave on a low heat.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in the brown sugar.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg and sour cream.
- Add the liquid ingredients and the chocolate mix to the dry ingredients all at once. Using a fork fold the ingredients together only until it is all wet.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin tins and bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. They are ready when a skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.