- ½ cup cold butter, cut in 1 tablespoon pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ all purpose gluten-free flour mix
- ¾ cup millet flour
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Have ready a 20 - 22cm tart pan with removable bottom and fluted edges, or a pie plate or springform pan will work.
- Mix flours and salt in a bowl. Rub butter into the flour with fingertips until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre and gradually add lightly beaten egg and water, stirring with a knife to make a dough.
- Scrape the soft dough onto a lightly floured piece of waxed paper. Lightly dust the ball with flour and shape into a disk.
- Wrap dough with the waxed paper and refrigerate for at least one hour or until firm before rolling. At this stage it can also be frozen, wrap tightly in waxed paper, followed by plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag.
- Roll the dough between 2 sheets of lightly floured waxed paper.
- Remove the top sheet of waxed paper and take the remaining sheet with the dough and gently turn upside down onto pan or pie plate.
- Gently peel back the waxed paper and press the dough into the pan. If the dough tears just patch with pieces of dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until crust is light golden brown.