- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1¾ cups self raising flour
- pinch salt
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy
- Add lightly beaten egg and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add flour and salt. Mix well to form a stiff paste-like mixture.
- Roll teaspoonful mixture into balls.
- Place on greased oven trays, a few centimeters apart.
- Using your knuckle make a small ditch in each ball.
- Fill ditches with jam.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180°c - 190°c) for 10 - 15 minutes.