- 300 grams kangaroo mince
- 1 cup kidney beans
- ¼ cup chopped spring onions
- 2 chillies (or to taste), chopped finely
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic minced or chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon each of cumin and tumeric
- ½ teaspoon rock salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fenugreek leaves (optional)
- Place the kidney beans, chilli, garlic, spices and rock salt. You can also process this in a food processor minus the salt. I prefer the kidney beans to not be too minced.
- In a bowl mix the mince, bean mix, egg and tomato paste.
- Roll into patties (about 6 large) and leave in the fridge for an hour at least to set a bit.
- Fry on a barbeque or in a frying pan until well browned on each side and cooked through.