- 2.2kg Easy-carve (boned out) lamb leg
- 200g crushed macadamia nuts
- 200g wattleseed*
- 500g mango puree
- a pinch of Mintbush marinade*
- 50g butter
- Australian Bush Tucker products available here
- Length-wise, roll one half into the macadamia nuts and the other half into the Wattleseed
- Place the leg into a hot oven and cover with aluminum foil ensuring that the plasticized metal does not touch the food. Use a piece of baking paper, if necessary. Roast for 1 and a half hours at 200 degrees C and then remove the covering and roast until the nuts are just browned. Use a meat thermometer for accurate measurement of the doneness. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving, remembering to remove the string.
- Place the mango puree, Mintbush marinade, butter, salt and pepper into a saucepan. Warm for a few minutes on a medium heat.
- Slice the lamb leg and fan on a plate over Lemon myrtle infused rice, Rainforest herb fettuccini or Alpine pepper polenta. Drizzle with the mango sauce and accompany with your favorite steamed greens or baked vegetables.