Lavender Stuffed Chicken Rolls
The lavender imparts a lovely floral taste to the stuffing and chicken that is slightly like rosemary. I served the chicken with roasted fennel bulb and sweet potato for a meal that was much appreciated.
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or chopped finely
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped lavender flowers (1 tbsp. if dried)
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat an oven to 180 Celsius.
- Lightly fry the onion and garlic in butter until just translucent then add to the breadcrumbs (including the butter used). Mix well with all of the other ingredients except the chicken. Lay each piece of chicken flat and place an eighth of the stuffing rolled in a little sausage into the middle. Roll up and secure with string or toothpicks.
- Place on an oiled oven tray with space between each roll and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.