- Short pastry or Gluten free shortcrust pastry
- 20g butter
- 1 large leek, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 180g rindless shortcut bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 4 large or extra large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roll out and line a quiche dish, pie dish or springform pan around 20cm in diameter. Bake at 190C for 15 minutes or until firm and browning.
- Meanwhile, make filling. Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add leek and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until leek is soft. Remove from heat. Stir in herbs. Cool. Turn the oven down to 180°C/160°C fan-forced when the pastry is done.
- Spoon leek mixture into pastry case. Top with cheese. Whisk eggs and milk together in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over leek mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.