- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 150gm caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125gm melted butter
- 250ml milk
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 150gm soft cream cheese
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease tins.
- Prepare the filling by combining and mixing well.
- Sift the flour and soda in a large bowl and add the sugar.
- Whisk eggs, melted butter, milk, lemon juice and rind.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in egg mixture. Fold together gently without overmixing. The mix should be lumpy.
- Spoon into tins to ⅓ full. Add an even amount of filling to the centre of each and then top with remaining batter.
- Cook 20 mins then cool for 5 before tipping out.