- 60 g butter
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- Beat softened butter and sugar until it is well mixed and then stir in sifted flour, lemon rind and juice.
- Combine the 2 egg yolks with the milk, then gradually add to the mixture, beating well as you go. Beat the egg whites until there are soft peaks, and fold into the mixture.
- Pour into a greased 4 cup oven-proof dish. Bake in moderate oven for 35 minutes.