- 1½ TBLS light olive oil
- 1½ cups basmati rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 100g sliced mild salami, cut into strips
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 2 cups hot chicken stock (any stock can be used)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 TBLS fresh chopped coriander leaves or can be substituted for fresh flat leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a large pan and gently cook the rice, onion and garlic over medium heat for 10 mins, or until the onion is soft. Add the spices and cook stirring frequently for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the tomato, salami, carrot and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15 mins, or until the rice is almost tender. Stir in the peas and coriander and cook covered for a further 4 mins or until the rice is cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed. The rice grains will be slightly firm and separate, not soft and sticky. Sprinkle with some chopped parsley for garnish and serve.
- Ready to eat in 30 mins.
- Serves 4.