- 250gms fillet steak, trimmed
- ·1 persimmon, peeled and julienned
- ·1 cup coriander leaves
- ·1 cup mint leaves
- ·1/2 cup (Thai) basil leaves
- ·2 shallots, finely sliced
- ·1 long red chilli, seeded and shredded
- ·1 clove garlic, crushed
- ·1 teaspoon caster sugar
- ·3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ·2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ·Brush beef with a little oil and barbeque, pan fry or grill until cooked to your liking (2-3 minutes each side will be medium). Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly.
- ·In a large bowl gently toss all salad ingredients.
- ·To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake until the sugar has dissolved.
- ·Combine beef with salad, drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
- Serves 2
Recipe courtesy of Fresh Australian Persimmons